[sdiy] Website shenanigans

Andrew Simper andy at cytomic.com
Sun Oct 28 09:34:14 CET 2018

Hi Neil (and anyone else that has web page hosting),

Make sure not to use a web page hosting company that has been bought be
EIG, they tend to run them into the ground after purchase. For example A
Small Orange used to be great, but then EIG bought them and it was downhill
all the way:

https://reviewsignal.com/blog/2016/01/19/the-rise-and-fall-of-a-small-orange/

I can vouch for this as I had to switch away from A Small Orange because of
issues after the purchase.

The wikipedia page lists all the web hosting people EIG own, and so I would
recommend to avoid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

Cheers,

Andy