[sdiy] Transistor Sallen-Key lowpass filter question

Tristan tu at alphalink.com.au
Mon Nov 19 01:39:02 CET 2018

Is V1 a pure AC source? V1 should also include a positive DC bias of around 6V for the transistor circuit to
work. Otherwise you could just be getting half wave rectified pulses coming out on the positive peaks of
the AC input waveform.

The opamp example probably assumes the opamp is powered by bipolar supply rails so it works with no
DC bias on the input.

/Tristan