[sdiy] History of SDIY?

pinoaffe pinoaffe at airmail.cc
Thu May 31 12:01:57 CEST 2018

Well the fact that modulars often work by filtering signals with high
amounts of harmonics is not an argument against that being synthesis.
Heck, there's even a commonly accepted name for this type of synthesis,
which is subtractive synthesis

I've come across people arguing that the person using the modular is the
synthesizer, rather than the modular itself, but i don't think that that
is what gordon meant, yet i have no clue what it is that he did mean