[sdiy] Filtering for chromatic scale frequencies?

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Thu May 31 08:53:39 CEST 2018

I'm pretty sure you can filter for frequencies in the harmonic series of a
certain fundamental...?  For example, if you sweep a high-Q bandpass filter
across a sawtooth signal, you should be able to pick out the various
harmonics up to the point where they cease to have any amplitude.  That
probably doesn't help you though.

On the other hand, a bunch of peaky bandpass filters carefully tuned to the
chromatic scale should do what you want somewhat.  Would that be a comb
filter (somebody else here with stronger filter-fu will know the answer).