[sdiy] History of SDIY?

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Wed May 30 20:35:57 CEST 2018

Here are my thoughts (as if anybody cared):

1) Defining stuff isn't the problem.  Taking offense, or putting too much
importance on those definitions, is the problem.  So chill the F out
already.

2) Let the guy write whatever history he wants to write, and define SDIY any
way he wants.  That's his right as the author.  If you think he left
important stuff out, then write your own damn book.

3) My definition of SDIY: Does it go "bleep"?  Then it's a synth.  Did you
do it yourself?  I.e., did it not exist, and then you did it and now it
exists?  Then you "did it yourself" and it qualifies.  Easy peasy, lemon
squeezy.

  _____