[sdiy] History of SDIY?

Terry Shultz thx1138 at earthlink.net
Wed May 30 16:38:57 CEST 2018

I have always believed that “Imitation is the greatest form of Flattery”.

When I joined this list of subscribers, my motives were to share what small nuggets I learned along the way. To promote the need to create even if it had already been done.

I find it interesting that some of this email chain is trying to define what is DIY?

I get a sense of camaraderie from exchanging ideas, supplier info, new releases of code all to be part of the DIY energy.

Hopefully no one ever feels that they are excluded because they are recreating past products.

DIY reminds me more of the HotRod guys. Take an old 1932 coupe and make it a different type of car, still to give satisfaction at the end .

I would rather the Synth DIY show more customized projects sure, but it does not mean that they are any less of a self expression.

Gender should never be a requirement nor age either.

I would love to see more group buys and support of each other with marketing of salable projects to help the financially strapped kids that would like to join in.

Sorry if I am ranting here, but I have been building audio product for over 40 years and feel compelled to help others rather than oppress fine minds.

My rant would be better if I had more coffee, so if I may help anyone, please ask and I will try to advise or at least listen to your design difficulty.

best audio to all,

Terry