[sdiy] Aluminum front panels question

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Wed May 30 03:07:58 CEST 2018

Front Panel Express have recently added several options for anodized and brushed aluminum, with variations for horizontal and vertical brushing. Rather than pay for paint in-fill, I start with brushed black and cut the letters to reveal the aluminum underneath. Of course, I’m trying to save money because these are just panels for one-off circuit designs that have no inklings of being a product.

You said you’re more interested in top quality, even at a higher cost, so you might talk to Front Panel Express. Their lobby has a display case with many panels done for clients like Space X. They definitely have silkscreening capabilities, too.

As Paula hinted, Front Panel Express started in Germany and then expanded to Seattle. So, you have your choice of “local” facilities depending upon the continent.

They’re not the only game online, but there’s nothing wrong with the quality.

Brian