[sdiy] Aluminum front panels question

Terry Shultz thx1138 at earthlink.net
Wed May 30 00:29:28 CEST 2018

Hi All,

Price is not the big concern as Looks are more important as these will be used for Photo use and Data sheets.

I just want the best look possible . It may mean I do a proto run of both approaches and decide from there.

Just figured I Would ask and get some guesses on visual appearance.

I have several boards now in Beta stage and now to get the panels onto the boards.

On another note, I have cabinets in design for top , wing and Main design.

I decided to start with Walnut veneer Marine plywood and I’ll look at Maple/ASH next as an option.

Keyboard is still in planning stage, but I could punk out and go with a MIDI unit with Gate/CV output controller.

No real thoughts here as I am basically a woodwind player first and Keyboardist 2nd.

best regards,

Terry