[sdiy] History of SDIY?

Jay Schwichtenberg jschwich53 at comcast.net
Tue May 29 19:35:31 CEST 2018

I wouldn't be interested in this so much.

Some questions on what really needs to be talked about would be good if
people want to pursue this. What do you mean by electronic music, do you
want to go back to musique concrete/avant-garde or do want just stuff
created with synths?

People like Bebe & Louis Barron started to experiment with sound in the 40's
and did the sound track for Forbidden Planet in the 50's. Forbidden Plant
sounds were generated by tube circuits which were built in the lab by
themselves which I would call DIY.

So things could go way back to even earlier artists since the first
experimentation in these fields would have been mostly DIY since commercial
gear wouldn't of been available.

Jay S.