[sdiy] New portable power solution from Befaco

Quincas Moreira quincas at gmail.com
Tue May 29 00:28:05 CEST 2018

Yeah, I'm using a 90W 12V laptop charger, works great. I actually made a
special cable for it that sends those 12v to three destinations, the
Aquarium, the little expansion skiff and the DFAM. That way I only have to
carry one wall wart, and use one outlet for my whole portable rig!
If you want to use a  battery, one of those bulky laptop power banks that
output 12v would probably work, though I don't know if for very long.
Alternatively a motorcycle battery would give you quite a bit of "mileage"
:)

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 3:59 PM, <rsdio at audiobanshee.com> wrote:

> Most commodity USB battery packs average 15W, and some are as low as 12W.
> That’s a lot less than the recommended 45W supply for the LunchBus. The
> LunchBus can output as much as 16.75W and it’s not 100% efficient, so that
> means it’s pulling in a lot more Wattage than it’s outputting. I’d say it
> pulls at least 20W, minimum, and the 45W recommendation allows for headroom
> and startup current.
>
> You’re better off with a nominal 12V system instead of a 5V system. That
> falls right in the middle of the 9..15V range. Since many car battery
> systems actually peak at 13.8V, it’s good that the LunchBus handles up to
> 15V.
>
> Brian
>

> On May 28, 2018, at 10:59 AM, john slee <indigoid at oldcorollas.org> wrote:
> > I was really hoping this would have 5v input so I could use a commodity
> USB battery pack, but alas... what are you using for the 9–15V supply?
> >
> > On Mon, 28 May 2018 at 05:41, Jimmy Moore <jamoore84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Any word on price or availability?  their website doesn't have much
> information at the moment
> >>
> >> https://www.befaco.org/en/lunch-bus/

> like to see this cool lunchbox PSU Befaco sent me. I used it to assemble my
> new travel synth, the Aquarium. Enjoy :)

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular