[sdiy] New portable power solution from Befaco

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Mon May 28 22:59:54 CEST 2018

Most commodity USB battery packs average 15W, and some are as low as 12W. That’s a lot less than the recommended 45W supply for the LunchBus. The LunchBus can output as much as 16.75W and it’s not 100% efficient, so that means it’s pulling in a lot more Wattage than it’s outputting. I’d say it pulls at least 20W, minimum, and the 45W recommendation allows for headroom and startup current.

You’re better off with a nominal 12V system instead of a 5V system. That falls right in the middle of the 9..15V range. Since many car battery systems actually peak at 13.8V, it’s good that the LunchBus handles up to 15V.

Brian