[sdiy] Mute solution?

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Sat May 26 21:36:56 CEST 2018

On 26 May 2018 at 18:07, Tim Ressel <timr at circuitabbey.com> wrote:

> We tried the zero crossing method but it does not work if there is no
> signal present.

Right, there must be some clever use of a safety margin if it's going to
work properly. Wonder what the best practice is?

Detecting a band around zero instead of zero?
Then it would always click a tiny bit if a signal is present, and the band
could also be missed if there is some DC offset.

Detecting the maximum & minimum envelopes of the signal, and only apply the
zero-crossing method if they are far enough apart?
Might work well, but adds complexity. (Like if that ever stopped me - hah!)
;-)

/mr