[sdiy] Korg Prologue SDK out

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Thu May 24 12:03:59 CEST 2018

The link is here for the single voice dev board:

https://github.com/korginc/logue-sdk/tree/master/devboards

https://github.com/korginc/logue-sdk/blob/master/devboards/rev_a/top.jpg

https://github.com/korginc/logue-sdk/blob/master/devboards/rev_a/signalpath.png

The problem is that the single voice dev board is a very cut down version of the actual synth voice (see the signal path image). It doesn’t include the analog VCA, for example, instead doing the VCA in software (unlike the actual synth voice). It boils down to a pair of STM F4 uPs - one for the development of custom oscillators, and one for custom effects. Quite why you’d develop with that rather than the actual synth, I’m not quite clear. Faster to program, maybe?

Still, massive kudos to Korg for making this possible at all - I’d love to see this become a feature on more instruments. Being able to tweak the firmware in some other hardware instruments would be great.

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY