[sdiy] Multi-output comb filter?

Gordonjcp gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Mon May 14 20:02:14 CEST 2018

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 02:03:13PM +0200, cheater00 cheater00 wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of a (digital? analog?) comb filter
> where the computation is done once, but you get separate outputs out of
> each peak. It's fine if it's just "present" or "not present" according to
> some threshold. I am looking for implementations in the time domain, not
> FFT based.

You don't get separate outputs of each peak.  A "comb filter" isn't
really a filter in the sense that say a bandpass filter is.  It's a very
short delay line, in which frequencies that are delayed by an odd number
of half-cycles cancel out and frequencies that are delayed by a whole
number of half-cycles add, giving the "comb teeth" response.

--
Gordonjcp