[sdiy] samplers & pitch shifting

Julian elfenjunge at gmx.net
Sun May 13 18:17:44 CEST 2018

most sample based machines I know just transpose the sample up and down.
length changes. just like a tape machine.
to keep the sample the same length the most common are granular
approaches (OLA PSOLA etc) or FFT based shifters.

I only know the bode frequency shifter, but thats a whole other effect
as the harmonic distribution does not stay intact (metallic sound)

julian