[sdiy] What test gear do you use?

Roman modular at go2.pl
Sat May 12 12:22:37 CEST 2018

Then maybe you should try Siglent scope, that has a lot of buttons for main functions, and enough knobs for anybody. OTOH I do NOT recommend you get one, because all of the strong features of that scope I just listed above.   Roman   Dnia 11 maja 2018 20:46 MTG <  grant at musictechnologiesgroup.c > napisał(a):  I have seen that their newer models are much cuter (bigger screens) if  nothing else. I would want the 100MHz bandwidth though.  I guess my  biggest grips is that there is only 1 set of vertical controls, so lots  of button pushing required to change the scale on 2 channels. I'm often  pressing buttons to activate the thing I wish there was a dedicated  control for. I should mention I got rid of my Blofeld for similar reasons.   On 5/10/2018 3:05 AM,   sleepy_dog at gmx.de  wrote:   The Rigol DS1102E was their first one to make noise in the western market.  It is a completely different design from their current lines, even the  cheaper DS1xxxZ ones.  Can still be bought, for a not much lower price to the DS1??5?Z, the  latter of which has only 50 MHz specs but is better by leaps and bounds.  So it may be confusing, but that old thing is much, much worse in all  sorts of regards than their current lines - there is zero reson to buy  it, not even the price.  That old DS1102E has problems like it easily tricks you with aliasing if  you don't know about it. I don't know about its user interface.    MTG wrote:  Rigol DS1102E - It needs to be hotrodded and Sigrok-ed by the sound of  it. And for the record I don't love it. But maybe after the "updates"  if I find the time to figure that all out.   Fluke 77 DMM - Had it forever, change the batteries a couple times a  decade maybe.  Will outlast me I'm sure.   Loftech TS-1 Sine Wave Generator and freq counter/dB meter. Came with  schematics so I added a TTL squarewave out to it.   Mastech CSIMS8040 4.5-Digit True-RMS Autoranging Bench Digital  Multimeter - Cheap and I can check the temperature of my kitchen oven  with it. ;-)  Actually I haven't used it yet.   memSIM2 EPROM Emulator because where can you find such a thing for  USB, isolated, and under $100 USD new?  Poland, that's where.  Oh, and  eBay. Haven't used that yet either.   Some old Radio Shack stuff like SPL meters, logic probe, analog DVM.   And more stuff at work that I can borrow if needed, like Tek scopes  and an Intronix Logic Port.  ______________________________  Synth-diy mailing list   Synth-diy at synth-diy.org  synth-diy.org synth-diy.org    ______________________________  Synth-diy mailing list   Synth-diy at synth-diy.org  synth-diy.org synth-diy.org    ______________________________  Synth-diy mailing list   Synth-diy at synth-diy.org  synth-diy.org synth-diy.org