[sdiy] What test gear do you use?

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Thu May 10 12:05:13 CEST 2018

The Rigol DS1102E was their first one to make noise in the western market.
It is a completely different design from their current lines, even the
cheaper DS1xxxZ ones.
Can still be bought, for a not much lower price to the DS1??5?Z, the
latter of which has only 50 MHz specs but is better by leaps and bounds.
So it may be confusing, but that old thing is much, much worse in all
sorts of regards than their current lines - there is zero reson to buy
it, not even the price.
That old DS1102E has problems like it easily tricks you with aliasing if
you don't know about it. I don't know about its user interface.