[sdiy] Query about best cap type for '2164 stability network

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Sun May 6 20:09:24 CEST 2018

Don’t underestimate the effects of microphony. I once had a non-audio circuit with capacitors where tapping on the case would cause spikes in the control signals because I just picked the cheapest caps. These were in the 560 pF range, but I was actually trying various values within an order of magnitude.

So, you have to ask whether a non C0G/NP0 cap would alter the gain in the VCA and thus affect the audio, even if only slightly.

Brian