[sdiy] New SDIY Guy Video: Oscilloscope Kit, DFAM, A cool film score patch and more

Jimmy Moore jamoore84 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 02:38:42 CEST 2018

I'm trying to think of how you could do a shoot-out between the kit scope
and the Rigol..... but I'm also not an EE.    After watching your video, I
spent some time looking for quantitative reviews on the the kit scope but
everything seems to be a glorified build log.   I think it would be
valuable -- especially in the (synth) electronics hobbyist community -- to
see how it's performance stacks up to something a little more
purpose-built.  (for audio rate applications, at least)

I'm sure people here are much more qualified than myself to suggest
experiments and things to try and capture/measure that might highlight its
operating characteristics.

But maybe this is more work than a $20 kit is worth.