[sdiy] 7-segment displays (is sub of: Re: Pet Peeves)

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Sat May 5 11:35:37 CEST 2018

> On 5 May 2018, at 06:38, rsdio at audiobanshee.com wrote:
>
> Yeah, man, “everybody” knows the segment names.

Funny that this comes up! I didn’t have segment displays in hands for decades,
until I got me a good bag of them for a couple of Euros from the local surplus shop recently.
Some of them don’t even have any kind of marking.

And no, I didn’t remember the labelings of the segments and I wasn’t even sure if this is standardised at all.

So now I’m probing them to find the useful ones for this little school project I’m doing now.
Fun. Really!  :)

--
http://mz.klingt.org