[sdiy] Digital 4 Pole Multimode Filter

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Wed May 2 21:35:08 CEST 2018

You could have a look at Antti’s Powerwave synth paper from DAFX 05. It’s an FPGA-based synth that uses a Moog-model for the filter if I remember. That’s a much simpler structure than an SVF. Furthermore, the Powerwave uses pole-mixing (a la Xpander) to provide multiple different responses. After all, in the digital realm, there’s really no reason not to.

Aside from that, the Ear Level Engineering site is good:

http://www.earlevel.com/main/category/synthesizers/ <http://www.earlevel.com/main/category/synthesizers/>

..and that links to Vadim Zavalishin’s "THE ART OF VA FILTER DESIGN”:

https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/pdf/VAFilterDesign_1.1.1.pdf <https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/pdf/VAFilterDesign_1.1.1.pdf>

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY