[sdiy] distortion pedal for a modular system

stepan kayukov stepan.kayukov at gmail.com
Tue May 1 01:51:06 CEST 2018

hello -

i am new to "synths", i have mainly built guitar pedals in the past. i am
currently learning EAGLE, so please excuse my drawing.

my goal is to bring a distortion pedal design into a +/- 12v system.
i executed the attached design, but it is extremely noisy and i hear a
great deal of bleedthrough, even though i have added many bypass
capacitors.
it is a "fuzz face" pedal going to a buffer, then going to a coupled
inverting amplifier.  the input signal enters the collector of the first
transistor after being put through a resistor divider, from 12v to 2v, and
then passes through another coupling capacitor.
i also attempted to use a JFET around R7/C1, as a means of getting "CV" for
the distortion control.  this could be improved also probably.

https://ibb.co/jSnXOn

can anyone help me understand how to isolate this circuit from the rest of
my synths?

thank you,
stepan