[sdiy] 566 Functional Replacement

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Tue Mar 20 20:48:08 CET 2018

Yes, SPI/I2C interface would be fantastic. But it would also mean that each
VCO IC would need to have its own internal data latches and high-resolution
DACs, as well have clocks provided to them. Integration of seemingly
over-complex functionality for less than a penny has been seen before in IC
history - could it become a reality in the second wave of function-specific
synth chips? :-)

/mr