[sdiy] OT: DMM recommendations

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Tue Mar 6 20:41:51 CET 2018

I don’t agree. Many people are test equipment snobs. The fact is there’s cheap stuff out there which is 99% as good as the vastly more expensive stuff in 99% of the situations. Maybe you’re that 1% user, but probably you’re not and you’d just like to think you really need that really nice bit of test equipment (I know I would). But you probably don’t, and you’ll find out that 9V is 9V or that that 10K resistor is actually 100K just as easily with something that cost £15 as £150.

After all, these days a multimeter isn’t exactly rocket science. It’s a decent ADC and a uP and a bit of software. How hard is that? £200 hard? Really?

My 2 eurocents,
Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY