[sdiy] OT: DMM recommendations

Phillip Harbison alvitar at xavax.com
Thu Mar 1 22:47:45 CET 2018

rsdio at audiobanshee.com wrote:
> I’ve had the Fluke 87 for decades. It just won’t die.
> [...]
> In other words, I highly endorse this model for a lifetime
> purchase.

I've had a Fluke DMM since 1981. Never had to do any maintenance
other than change the battery every 10 years. I regularly drop
on the floor from about 4 feet during my IoT presentations just
to make a point (you get what you pay for) when recommending it.

There are some good, cheap DMMs on the market from sources like
BangGood. They're OK if you're budget is constrained, but if I
had to choose one DMM to go live on a remote island, it would
be a Fluke.

...and that's no fluke!

--
Phil Harbison