[sdiy] Eagle for PCB Layout

AlanP alan.p at orcon.net.nz
Sat Jun 30 00:48:45 CEST 2018

On 30/06/2018 7:37 AM, Ingo Debus wrote:
> What happens automagically in Eagle often requires some manual actions in Altium. If you place another component on the schematic (while the PCB is already created), in Eagle it appears on the PCB by itself - in Altium you have to „update the PCB“, and probably review an error list.

This would be my "must have" Eagle feature by now. I've tried Diptrace
and KiCad, and neither do that automagic update thing. (I also didn't
like how Diptrace rendered traces -- Eagle's top and bottom traces can
be seen through each other, while Diptrace's was completely solid, and
you had to change views to see the bottom traces clearly, which removed
the top trace view entirely. What fun.)

I've got an Eagle 7.5.0 licence for 160x100mm board size, and intend to
never ever upgrade to the subscription model.

--
Alan Podjursky
"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson