[sdiy] Variable-rate drum sample playback

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Tue Jun 26 09:01:16 CEST 2018

Very cool. Nice to see something tangible come out of that thread.

Did you try dithering the 12-bit or 13-bit µ-Law decoded samples to 10-bit? instead of truncating?

You could try Uniform Distribution dither, or a Triangular Probability Distribution Function. Beyond that, you could even try spectrum shaping the dither to make it less audible. There are variable AES papers on the techniques that work best.

Just food for thought...

Brian