[sdiy] Protection Device?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Tue Jun 19 23:13:38 CEST 2018

I doubt there’s a way that’s significantly easier than three or four basic parts. Do you really need a Schmitt trigger? Doesn’t the uP have Schmitt inputs?

Using an op-amp that clips the input to its rails as Olivier suggests is a different approach that I’ve used sometimes but whether that’s much “simpler” is an open question. I suppose it sort-of counts as “one component”, but it feels like more circuitry to me.

Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY