[sdiy] Any noise avantage to parallel 2164 VCAs?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Sun Jun 17 15:27:31 CEST 2018

Hi Raph,

No, I’m actually using the VCA for audio level control, so the dB response is useful (anyone would think it was designed for this! ;). Otherwise, yeah, use two to linearise the VCA would have been a good idea.

I’m running it from an 8-bit DAC, so I’ve got -100dB to +20dB controlled in steps of less than 0.5dB. Amazing.

Tom
       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY