[sdiy] Erica chips

Ralph Moonen ralph at tink.org
Sun Jan 14 19:02:52 CET 2018

Hi,

So all those who got their Erica chip samples: what have done with it? Do they perform as advertised? Are they worth the money?

Also, as far as I’m aware, these chips are the only realistic way of building easy, (sort of) low-cost, HQ, voice cards for a diy poly synth. I’d be extremely interested in ideas for some innovative
architectures. Multitimbral analog anyone? big touchscreen modulation matrix UI analog? FM with digital control and PLL feedback control loop? 10-note-poly dual VCO voice? Maybe I’m just rambling but some options seem to be available that were not before….. let’s hear some ideas :-)

—Ralph