[sdiy] Filter problems

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Sun Jan 28 22:22:52 CET 2018

We put zeners across the first integrator cap in our SVF design, and it
works great.  Gives very stable oscillation at the critical damping point,
and doesn't color the filter's sound very much in filtering mode.  The only
issue is that the self-oscillatory sine waves do not have a constant
amplitude with changing frequency, but this is a pretty minor problem.
Cascaded-stage filters oscillate in a much simpler fashion in my experience.