[sdiy] OT? MIDI to RS232 converter box?

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Sun Jan 21 02:27:59 CET 2018

"Sleepy Dog" Steve has a good point: Take advantage of the USB Serial Driver to run at the MIDI baud rate.

The problem with the circular buffer method is that it’s possible to overrun the system in one direction - the higher baud rate could overwhelm the MIDI side. Of course, if your adaptor is only going in one direction (from MIDI to a higher baud rate) then this particular risk is a moot point.

All things considered, you’re most likely to find a solution with the least effort if you can find a USB Serial Device that supports the MIDI baud rate.

Brian