[sdiy] Pink Tunes self-composing program.

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:06:52 CET 2018

> On Jan 7, 2018, at 6:01 AM, David Bulog <d2ba at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
> John Titor
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor>
> Titor claimed to be an American soldier from 2036, based in Tampa, Florida <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa,_Florida>. He was assigned to a governmental time-travel project, and sent back to 1975 to retrieve an IBM 5100 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_5100> computer which he said was needed to debug <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debug>various legacy computer programs in 2036

Back around '97 or '98, shortly after I obtained Internet access and joined SDIY, I received a spam email that started like this:

"Hi! You don't know me but you will in the future. I'm emailing you from a cybercafe in the year [some time ten or fifteen years from then]"

The message went on from there at some length and was very well written. I can't remember what the pitch was or if it was just an elaborate joke. My email archive goes back that far but I can't find it anywhere. Hands down the best spam EVER. A+ for imagination and execution.

I'm still waiting to meet him. Or her. Or it.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

"By the end of Chuck Statler's 'Rock Videos' of Devo we agreed that even if Devo did not take the stage it was still the best concert any of us had ever attended." —Kim Thayil (Soundgarden), 1995