[sdiy] MIDI optocoupler query

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Jan 5 21:14:34 CET 2018

Hi Tim,

The 6N138 offers 5kV isolation, 300% CNR and 20mA current. Putting those parameters in as minimums (combined with SMD packages) gives this list:

http://uk.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?catalogId=15001&langId=44&storeId=10151&categoryId=700000021001&pf=113080807,111978345,111978347,111978348,111978349

The HCPL 0700 or 0701 look likely candidates. Indeed, these share a data sheet with the classic 6N138/139 MIDI opts:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1266261.pdf

HTH,
Tom

       Electric Druid