[sdiy] A different kind of polyphonic aftertouch

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Fri Jan 5 09:57:15 CET 2018

That's because crappy keyboard with rubber contacts that fall apart
after few years of serious playing cost almost nothing. They are so
simple to make and everyone making synths with them sell milions of gear.
Meanwhile for polyphonic aftertouch you need any kind of linear sensor
under each key and totally different scanning circuitry.
Decision is made in accounting department.

BTW, AFAIK Vaxmidi keyboard has polyphonic aftertouch. With little DIY
one can replace shitty Fatar keybed with that one in their synth.

Roman

(snip)