[sdiy] Keyboards good for scrap / repurposing?

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Tue Feb 20 15:15:58 CET 2018

Thanks Brian again for the tips.

ADC mux, yes, the adc has on-board mux also, so I used 4 channels x 8x
mux IC -> 32 pots.

So far using only 26 of that.
So I just remember the MIDI keyboard "trick" mentioned earlier, of
scanning buttons with the key scan mux already present. So far only 1
push encoder gets scanned button wise, no mux, so I think for extra
buttons planned,  I'll be using that trick to scan the buttons via the
pot mux that's conveniently in place :) A few roughly doubling
resistance values in series each connected to a button, I guess I should
easily get 4 (R) x 4 (lines) = 16 buttons covered with that.

- Steve