[sdiy] Keyboards good for scrap / repurposing?

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Mon Feb 19 12:26:34 CET 2018

Mikko Helin wrote:
> You could make optical scanner for any keyboard like an acoustic piano.
>
> https://hackaday.com/2010/10/07/playing-piano-with-optical

Ah! I have been thinking about optical scanning for a while, such a
thing should worst case get dirty (dust?)  and need to be cleaned, but
may last forever, eh?
And probably one could also implement (poly) aftertouch with this, two
birds one stone.

And Roman:
Thanks for the warning about "plastic springs", that doesn't sound very
long-lasting...

- Steve