[sdiy] Keyboards good for scrap / repurposing?

Ben Bradley ben.pi.bradley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:48:55 CET 2018

I may have posted this link before - I've purchased old organs cheap
from thrift stores and such. Yes they're bulky, and do take a bit of
time to take apart. I finally took apart the Kimball 1500, two
Pratt-Read 61-note keyboards, one with a diodes in series with every
switch and wired as an 8x8 matrix, the other with a straight 61
contacts to a single bus bar. It's full of stuff, about a hundred
small PC boards. I haven't begun to look through the chips to see if
there's anything like CA3080's yet. Other goodies, a really long
Accutronics spring reverb and a two-speed one-rotor Leslie.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=161049