[sdiy] Keyboards good for scrap / repurposing?

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Mon Feb 19 00:03:36 CET 2018

Hey Tom,

 > old electronic organs

yes, those organs, but, they are so damn bulky & heavy!
Alas, if someone gives it away for (almost) free, they would be very
angry if I came, took the keyboard, and left. The transport of those
things would make it expensive again, nevermind getting it up here...
Hmmmm, then again, if I pick one up when it's good weather, I could
dismantle it in front of the seller's house, probably irritating some
passersby, and put it into my (not so huge) car piece-wise.
Would you have an idea as to how quickly those behemoths are usually
disassembled? How much air is in there, or are they really packed full?

While this probably does sound like a lot of effort to get 2 small
keyboards, I have to say, I am rather curious about taking apart one of
those monsters, I have never directly seen one inside. So it would
actually be fun by itself :D  (If only I had the room, I might even keep
the "enclosure" (more like furniture) and put different electronics
inside...)

- Steve