[sdiy] need tech help fixing a bunch of DIY disasters gone wrong [and some Korg stuff too]

Dave Magnuson abide at dmdrafting.com
Fri Feb 16 17:43:06 CET 2018

In my opinion:   I would learn to repair these yourself.

Pick the most simple board you can, with the fewest lifted pads.   Perhaps your Synthrotek power supply?

You'll need to scrape a little of the solder mask off the damaged trace, and connect with a tiny piece of hook-up wire (I use old telephone wires I stripped out of my house when I upgraded to Cat5).   Use flux, a temp controlled iron, and patience.

After testing, affix the part firmly with a dab glue or something if it's loose in any way.

Diagnosis and repair is a very important part of the building process.    You will learn a lot.     You'll also advance your soldering skills.

And, if you have some olj junk electronics (old AM/FM radio, etc) practice on it.    Use solder wick and remove some parts.    Tear a resistor off deliberately and fix the traces, etc.

One of my first DIY adventures was on a DR-110.   I lifted many pads on my first try.... but was able to fix it, and she's still running strong

Dave