[sdiy] need tech help fixing a bunch of DIY disasters gone wrong [and some Korg stuff too]

sines sines_list at scale.la
Thu Feb 15 23:05:56 CET 2018

You may ask yourself, why is a DIY’er posting to a SDIY list looking for another DIY’er? The answer is, I’ve hit a wall, and the people I usually go to around here are busy as hell with other projects.

That said, these pieces are worth something to me, but also don’t often warrant $100 minimum bench fees per item, which is usually beyond the cost of the kit or item.
Sadly much of the DIY is plagued with lifted pads [pre temperature controlled iron] and will need rerouting to get stuff to talk to each other.

I’m looking to have someone have a look at the following:

Korg VolcaKeys: power inlet needs replacement or conversion to standard 9V Boss 2.1mm barrel, check / replace resettable fuse
Korg Monotribe: power inlet needs replacement or conversion to standard 9V Boss 2.1mm barrel,  check / replace resettable fuse

Euro:
** Intellijel uVCF **
missing 1 diode, 2 resistors, 1 Zener Diode, all SMT. Replaced multi turn 50k trimmer [side] with 50K single turn [top], can reverse this.

TipTop 909 Clap: Envelope not working at all. Acts as if it's a roaring crowd of applause, which is cool, but not quite what I'm going for.

Division 6 dual sequencer : lifted pads and need to reinstall TL431 & L4931CZ50 Regulator. Worked until L4931CZ50 got damaged somehow.

HexInverter NeinOhNein Snare: barely makes sound, pots appear not to have barely any affect on sound.

Synthrotek Deluxe Power: lifted pads near power inlet, +5V rail never worked

Synthrotek Verb: lifted pads for control pots — not operating as advertised

Ryo Ampmix: Help all over. Never made / passed sound. First DIY build, been sitting around for a while.

STG / Magic Smoke Mankato Filter: chopped down from frac to Euro size. Most components there, including V2164, except 2k tempos.
Seriously no idea what I’m doing on this.

STG Wavefolder: stuffed minus ICs. 4 lifted pads on diodes D1-D2, D22-D23.

people local to NYC would be great if possible.

Thanks!

Todd