[sdiy] IR Reverb

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Thu Feb 15 19:31:57 CET 2018

And another way of thinking of convolution altogether is to ponder the
commutitative aspect of convolution. Just like a multiplication A times B
is the same as B times A, a convolution f * g is the same as g * f.

Just like the IR of the room is applied to all the samples in a song and
then summed up (when a song is played in a room), the song can be seen as
the IR and the room impulse response can be seen as the sound. The song is
then resonating for each of all the samples in the room, and the summed up
(the room is played in the song)!

(-:

/mr