[sdiy] top soldering through hole

Roman modular at go2.pl
Wed Feb 14 20:19:22 CET 2018

No-clean flux is called that way for a reason. You can leave it forever. That was made especially for cables, where it's not really possible to wash it well, as well service and DIY.  Water soluble must be washed immediately, because it's so active it will cause corrosion. Mostly used in mass production, as it can easily be washed with water, no nasty chemicals needed. That means cheaper.  Cleaning PCB only so-so is worse than leaving no-clean flux intact. It opens all the nasty stuff from rosin and spreads that all over the board. Together with humidity, dust and electricity it can do harm.  I take cleaning my boards seriously, so it's a couple stages process. But that's just me.   The cleaning boards topic comes out recenlty every few weeks on every forum I'm in. Is it somehow driven by PCB cleaning suppliers?   Roman   Dnia 14 lutego 2018 15:19 Quincas Moreira <  quincas at gmail.com > napisał(a):  I’ve never cleaned a board, ever... Maybe I’m using no clean solder and didn’t even know it, I just never felt the need. My builds look clean enough to me. Am I trippin’?   Sent from my iPhone   On Feb 14, 2018, at 07:33, Pete Hartman <   pete.hartman at gmail.com > wrote:    On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 7:25 AM, Mattias Rickardsson  <   mr at analogue.org >  wrote:  Top side is much simpler, I'll never go back - but probably a bit trickier to get clean from flux etc?     I think this is the main reason I still primarily bottom solder, but I check my joints and if I have ones that didn't wick up to the top I'll touch them up with no-clean.   Pete  ______________________________  Synth-diy mailing list    Synth-diy at synth-diy.org  synth-diy.org synth-diy.org  ______________________________  Synth-diy mailing list   Synth-diy at synth-diy.org  synth-diy.org synth-diy.org