[sdiy] top soldering through hole

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 17:07:03 CET 2018

It doesn't say what the flux is, at least with the minimal help of Google
Translate.  What to clean with depends on what the flux is.

Water soluble/corrosive stuff looks like someone sneezed on the board --
lots of pasty translucent junk everywhere, so if you're not seeing much
residue it very likely is not that.

Rosin core is the other common flux I've seen that ought to be cleaned, and
that looks like you'd expect, a tree bled bits of amber all over your
board.  Again, your description doesn't sound like that either.

I'd follow up with the solder manufacturer to get a recommendation from
them as to what the flux is and how best to clean it or if it even needs
cleaning.

Pete