[sdiy] SSI2164

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Tue Feb 13 23:01:09 CET 2018

> On 13 Feb 2018, at 21:23, Neil Johnson <neil.johnson71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can confirm that they are drop-in replacements, except in circuits
> where you rely on the control input resistance being 5k.  And you can
> drive the SSI with a much stronger signal.

While that’s all good, there are quite a few circuits that *do* rely on the control input resistance being 5K.

Still, it’s only mostly only a resistor tweak away from sorted, so not a big deal.

Are there any *improvements* over the SSM2164/V2164 that would lead me to prefer this new chip over the previous generation?

Tom