[sdiy] SSI2164

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 22:23:42 CET 2018

mark verbos wrote:
> But, I can tell you
> that you should not trust the data sheet dated Jan 2017.
> Pins 5 & 7 are reversed from how they are in the SSM2164 and
> V2164 data sheets and it appears to have been corrected.

What, you mean a document marked "PRELIMINARY" of a product not yet
released contained a mistake?  *swoon*

mark verbos wrote:
> no, they changed it on the new data sheet. It was a mistake. I just didn’t notice until I’d lost my mind and compared that data sheet to another.

Mistakes happen.  The latest datasheet has the correct pinout.

David G Dixon wrote:
> So, you're saying that these are not drop-in replacements?

I can confirm that they are drop-in replacements, except in circuits
where you rely on the control input resistance being 5k.  And you can
drive the SSI with a much stronger signal.

Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk