[sdiy] This is really cool, what kind of display is that?

Tim Parkhurst tim.parkhurst at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 17:50:45 CET 2018

My guess would be it’s a wide-screen computer monitor with a hard plastic overlay that makes it look like two separate screens. A very nice design, although I would worry about the long term reliability of the “sliding knob” control. It’s an extremely cool concept, but I’d want that part to be bulletproof, as it is going to get a lot of thrashing about, even in normal home use (never mind taking it on tour and beating it up across a few continents). Then again, that’s just the mech designer in me.

Love the concept and the “outside the box but still useful” design.

Tim (let the “sliding knob” jokes begin) Servo

Sent from my Commodore 64