[sdiy] Midi Drums

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Thu Feb 8 19:30:53 CET 2018

Thanks for the info!

I assume these are piezo elements but who knows. Maybe I'll tear it
apart at some point. I am looking to make a midi-cv device that is
drum-centric. It is getting interesting as I figure out just what that
means. A keyboard is easy: volt per octave out with gate and trigger,
plus some analog outs for pitch, mod wheel, whatever. The drum thing is
not so clear. I was going to have trigger out and analog velocity i.e.
how hard it got hit (?) outputs. But then someone said have a gate out,
which makes no sense to me. And then I thought there should be an output
that mimics what a piezo element would put out when struck. that is to
say an analog output that emits a signal with both pressure and duration
info. This could go into a filter for using the filter pinging method of
patching a drum.

I meant using a scope was lame for trying to interpret the midi codes. I
don't think they make a scope that can decode midi.

--TimR