[sdiy] Midi Drums

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Thu Feb 8 01:19:42 CET 2018

ayee,

So like, how do midi drums work? I am playing with a Korg Nano Pad II
and looking at the midi flow with my scope (i know, lame). Something I
am curious about: I get a burst when I hit a pad ( expected) and another
burst when I release it. Huh? Is that a note off command? Is it treated
like a key being pressed it you hit and hold?

Btw the MidiHost
<http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-host/usb-host-board-v2> thingie from
HobbyTronics is pretty cool. Eventually I will have to conquer doing USB
Midi on an STM32, but for now I am having fun with this gizmo. I think
I'll turn this one into a new-to-old Midi Convertor, and get a few more
for the Washington of it.

--Tim Ressel
Circuit Abbey
timr at circuitabbey.com