[sdiy] [OT] synthesizer visualization

henry birdseye henry.birdseye at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 17:01:13 CET 2018

Thanks, B!

It was kind of a pain. Extracting the MIDI was a breeze with a script
http://omino.com/pixelblog/2011/12/26/ae-hello-again-midi/ but there was
a lot of tweaking. Most of it is Particular with a couple shape layers
accessing the amplitude of the waveforms. The velocity channel of the
midi help shape the particles. I tend to tweak a lot and hour and a half
renders were typical to see the finished progress, so I spent some time.

Processing and Max have been suggested as ways to do new visual things.

That YT video rocks, and it looks like a b*tch to get the basic artwork
prepped. Thanks for that.

Happy to inspire.

Here's the system but you've seen these before:
https://imgur.com/Caus05i

Henry